Each year, since 2004, Technorati has published a State of Blogosphere report on, as you might have guessed, the status of the blogging world.
Some of these facts they’ve revealed for 2010 might influence you to start blogging if you haven’t already:
- 49% of the world’s blogs are from the US
- 40% of bloggers who blog from their smart phones are encouraged to post shorter posts and more often
- 48% of all bloggers believe readers will get more of their news and entertainment from blogs versus traditional media in the next 5 years
- Two-thirds of bloggers are male.
- 65% are age 18-44.
- Bloggers are more affluent and educated than the general population: 79% have college degrees; 43% have graduate degrees; 33% have a household income of $75,000 or more; 25% have a household income of $100,000 or more.
- 81% have been blogging more than 2 years.
Blogging is here to stay. If you have a blog, what keeps you blogging? If you don’t have one, what keeps you from creating one?