With over a billion daily users, Facebook is excellent way for Real Estate agents to market themselves and grow their business.

Here are some tips and best practices to create a successful Facebook business page:

Tips:

  • Profile Photos – Your profile picture will represent your brand throughout Facebook. This picture will appear in your followers News feed, any comments and posts that you make and the Cover photo on your timeline. Consider using your logo and to maintain brand identity do your best to not change it.
  • Cover Photo – Use your Cover photo to highlight new listings and update it frequently.
  • Be Consistent – Posting randomly and missing periods of time will leave a negative impression on page. Use a content calendar to plan ahead and ensure you are posting consistently throughout the month
  • Follow the 80/20 rule – 80% of your posts should be informative industry related content and the remaining 20% should be a mix of your listings, local information, client reviews and pictures of you with happy new homeowners.
  • Be Informative – Users go to Facebook for a variety of reasons, typically users look to stay informed and get educated. As a real estate professional you should provide your customers with relevant industry related content and trends. Professionally written content will establish you as an industry expert and fresh content will keep your users engaged.
  • Engage with audience –. Encourage engagement by asking questions about your posts/articles and do your best to respond to ALL comments. According to Kissmetrics, questions get 100% more comments than standard text-based posts. Engaging with you audience will enhance your relationships and highlight your expertise.
  • Promote your page –Promote your Facebook page on your website, marketing material, business cards, printed newsletters, and eNewsletters. Consider using Facebook ads to increase your Likes, visibility and engagement.
  • Encourage Likes and Shares – Don’t be afraid to ask people to Share and Like your posts.

Tracy Burakowski

Sales Director at Gooder Group
Tracy is the main point of contact for sales at the Gooder Group. When she is not working with clients she is spending time at their family's house on the Eastern Shore.

Leave a Reply

*
*

*

Required fields are marked *