How is your blog doing? How much traffic does your blog generate?
The key is, how are you promoting you blog? Take a step back and think of all the ways your are promoting your blog — or the no-cost or low-cost ways you can promote your blog to generate more home buying and home selling readers.
Here’s a checklist to check how your blog promotion measures up:
- Regular emails focusing solely on your blog — targeted to your email lists’ needs and situation
- Mention your blog in phone conversations, emails and in-person meetings
- Include a pop-up on your main website announcing blog and inviting people to sign up for RSS feed/email list to auto receive new posts right when they’re posted.
- Include blog address on any reprinting of business cards and any marketing/paperwork
- Mention your blog in your printed and email newsletters
- Update contact info on your website to include blog address prominently
- If you have a resources site on your main website, be sure to list your blog address
- If you have an about section on your main website, mention that you blog regularly
- Consider adding a flyer or blurb about your blog in any direct mail piece that goes out if it doesn’t affect weight and/or message of original piece
- When someone posts to the blog, be sure to contact clients who might benefit the most — buyers about a buyer blog topic; sellers about a seller blog post
- Consider finding someone to guest blog on your site — a mortgage loan professional, local handyman, house stager, etc.
- Consider blog address and Twitter contact info important enough to include in all your contact info
- Comment on others’ related blog posts
- Respond promptly to all comments
- Research signing on to blog directories
- Think about where home buying and selling consumers visit and read (& comment) on those blogs
Let us know how you promote your blog to generate more traffic — and more business. Share your ideas!