E-mail marketing has increased at a rate so rapid that the effect is a highly competitive environment for your customer’s attention. The higher numbers of e-mail sent unfortunately doesn’t mean more genuine business messages are hitting their target. In fact, the opposite is true. The constant deluge of annoying spam over the past several years has irritated consumers and muddied the waters for all rainmaker real estate agents.
In this situation, your only way to market via email is to use permission-based e-marketing.
Permission-based (opt-in) e-marketing is not intrusive. It sends targeted e-mail messages only to those users who have requested regular updates on relevant topics. DoubleClick, Inc. discovered that 75% of consumers say permission-based e-mail is their preferred method of communication.
- Include a section on all your online response forms where users can click to opt-in for additional help or further information.
- Give users the opportunity to change their preferences for subject and frequency and unsubscribe options.
- It’s also a good idea to include a statement in subsequent e-mails reminding recipients they have agreed to receive such messages.
How have you developed your email marketing plan to reach your clients?
Latest posts by Dan Richard (see all)
- MARKETING DARWINISM: How To Avoid Being The Biggest Loser In 2016 - November 27, 2015
- Yogi Berra’s Most Memorable Real Estate Quotes - September 29, 2015
- Some Things Never Change - April 23, 2015