Continuing my discussion on Virtual Assistants (VAs), today we approach the topic of how much does a VA cost. Costs for VAs vary widely, so it’s best to discuss this upfront with the VAs that you are interested in working with as you go through an interview process.
- Rates vary. Hourly rates range between $20 to $75 an hour, typically $35+ an hour.
- Some VAs have a fixed hourly rate for all work, others have a range of rates, depending on the work to be done. Some VAs offer discounts if you commit to a fixed number of hours per month, or for pre-paid hours.
- Most VAs will provide cost estimates for larger projects. Some VAs require an upfront deposit before beginning a large project.
- In addition to the agreed upon rate for completion of the project, you will be responsible for the VA’s out-of-pocket expenses directly related to an assignment – postage, long-distance phone calls, and shipping.
- Ask for supporting documentation and receipts that indicate hours worked and expenses incurred for specific projects.
As a freelance employee, costs for VAs can be flexible depending upon how you choose to use the VA.
Latest posts by Dan Richard (see all)
- MARKETING DARWINISM: How To Avoid Being The Biggest Loser In 2016 - November 27, 2015
- Yogi Berra’s Most Memorable Real Estate Quotes - September 29, 2015
- Some Things Never Change - April 23, 2015