That old marketing dog, the “just listed” announcement, has learned some new tricks on social media. Consider these ways to spread the word for “free” on your social media network:
- Social word of mouth: Using social media, sellers today can tell their friends and fans about their home for sale. “Psst. Pay if forward. Tell your friends of friends with a SHARE.” Viral, baby!
- Maximize links: Include links in your network updates to property pages or a standalone property website. Use open houses, property features, broker opens, price improvements to prompt repeat updates and event invitations.
- Push buttons: Sellers (and agents) can prompt visitors to “Like” a property using the Like button. Get more Likes for your buck when sellers directly ask friends to Like the property for sale… and thus tell their friends of the just listed listing.
What techniques have you used or seen to be effective in social media market?
For some creative home selling techniques from home and abroad read the article in The Niche Report: New Ways to Sell Real Estate: an International Perspective, January 10, 2013 http://www.thenichereport.com/blog/new-ways-to-sell-real-estate-an-international-perspective/
Latest posts by Dan Richard (see all)
- MARKETING DARWINISM: How To Avoid Being The Biggest Loser In 2016 - November 27, 2015
- Yogi Berra’s Most Memorable Real Estate Quotes - September 29, 2015
- Some Things Never Change - April 23, 2015