Every election year brings uncertainties. No one knows who will win – or what changes will hit the economy as a result. That uncertainty can cause many home sellers and buyers to hit the pause button before putting their home up for sale or looking for a new one to buy.
Read our latest eBook, “Life Goes On: The 2016 Election Year Effect On Real Estate and Mortgage Financing in the U.S.” to learn:
- How election years historically affect housing prices and interest rates
- The challenges home buyers and sellers may face in election years – and how you can help
- What you can do to ease the concerns of would-be buyers and sellers
- Ways to get a home sold -no matter what the market conditions
- Forecast: What to expect in 2017
Learn the potential effect of the election year on real estate and financing and how you can help your clients during this tumultuous year by downloading this fee Rainmaker eBook.
Download Election eBook
PS: Our Free Trial of Rainmaker eContent offer has been a hit. Don’t forget to take advantage of the free trial before this May 13th 2016 when we end our promotion.
I grew up with Yogi Berra. Not literally, of course. But as a boy in Davenport, Iowa, it was the Yankee’s legend – along with Stengal, DiMaggio and Rizzuto early on and then Ford, Maris, Mantle and the rest of the Boys in Pinstripe – that we listened to on our new transistor radios win world series after world series in the 1950’s and 60’s. Yogi was a three-time MVP and 18-time All Star who won the World Series a record 10 times. His Yankees won the American League pennant 14 out of 17 years. He died September 22, 2015 at the age of 90.
Yogi’s “Yogi-isms” – goofy, one-of-a-kind quotes — live on. It is striking how some of Yogi’s colorful witticisms are especially apt for real estate.
Here are 20 of my favorites. Share with us your experience of how these Yogi-isms (or others) apply in your real estate marketing experience. With your comments Yogi will live on in our real estate hearts…as well as baseball’s Hall of Fame. Batter up!
- Marketing Plan: “Make a game plan and stick to it. Unless it’s not working.”
- Lead Generation: “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
- Farming: “It’s déjà vu all over again!”
- Internet Leads: “If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.”
- Website Traffic: “Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded.”
- Social Media: “The future ain’t what it used to be.”
- Referrals: “It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.”
- Prospecting: “You can observe a lot by watching.”
- Duty Desk: “If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.”
- Advertising: “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
- Sellers: “All pitchers are liars or crybabies.”
- Overpricing: “Congratulations. I always thought the record would stand until it was broken.”
- Open Houses: “If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.”
- No Call To Action: “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
- Client Follow Up: “Never answer an anonymous letter.”
- Lost Listing: “You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.”
- Sales Production: “Slump? I ain’t in no slump…I just ain’t hitting.”
- Real Estate Sales: “If I didn’t make it in baseball, I won’t have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.”
- Lead Follow Up: “I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4.”
- Closings: “It ain’t over till it’s over.”
Farewell, Yogi. To borrow one of your Yogi-isms: “I want to thank you for making this day necessary.”
For an outstanding illustrated slideshow of Yogi Berra’s greatest quotes don’t miss the Yahoo Sports slideshow designed by Amber Matsumoto at : http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/top-25-yogi-isms-yogi-berra-s-most-memorable-quotes-slideshow/yogi-isms-photo-1443028936778.html
UPDATE: 09/30/2015 5:00pm EST
Jonathan Smoke, chief economist at Realtor.com, also assembled a list of Yogi Berra’s most appropriate quotes that can be applied to real estate. Smoke’s insightful comments are worth a read: http://www.realtor.com/news/trends/yogi-berra-wisdom-and-real-estate/.